The Prison Ministry actively serves God through prayer and by spreading the gospel message of Jesus Christ to adult and juvenile detainees. Focusing on obedience to God’s word, the Ministry disciplines, teaches and addresses the spiritual, personal and social needs of the incarcerated and their families. The ministry assists the Pastor and the church in outreach efforts to: exhort God’s word; equip and restore the lost; convert the sinner; and, convict the saint by encouraging and enlightening the incarcerated and their families.
To actively serve God through prayer and obedience to God’s Word; spreading the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ by proclaiming, disciplining, restoring, teaching, and addressing the Spiritual, personal, and social need for those who are incarcerated and their families.
To fulfill The Great Commission by assisting the Pastor and the church in efforts to reach those who are lost by exhorting, equipping, encouraging and enlightening them with the Word of God; converting the sinner and convicting the saint (Matthew 28:18).
- Worship God in Spirit and in Truth
- Maintain a personal relationship with God:
- Through prayer and supplication
- Through Bible Study
- Through obedience to God's Word
- Increase our Spiritual growth as a Ministry:
- Meet monthly for bible study
- Pray and encourage one another
- Fellowship (participating in Christian workshops)
- Strive for the advancement of Ebenezer Baptist Church:
- Support the Pastor
- Sustain worship, ordinances, doctrines, and discipline
- Set the example
- Sow into church missions:
- Contribute with tithes and offerings
- Contribute our time and talents
- Contribute with a sincere heart
- Breaking Every Chain!
- Ministering, with audacity of hope
- Encouraging, using the Word of God
- Saving, in the name of Jesus Chris
- Reaching those locked up, but not locked out
- President - Bro. William Lewis
- Vice President - Rev. Ardine Marie
- Secretary - Sis. Charlene Scott
- Bro. Lee Bennett
- Sis. Stephanie Howard
- Bro. Kevin Malloy
- Sis. Ruby Johnson
- Bro. Johnny Walker
- Sis. Regina Ethridge
- Sis. Msitey Surida
“For I was hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and you clothed me: I was sick and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me” (Matthew 25:35-36).
For additional information about the EBC Prison Ministry please contact us at 703-494-2669.